Caribbean Tales (solo Pirate Borg) - Episode 15

The following is part 15 of my solo Pirate Borg campaign. It focuses mainly around the character I created in this post, which was so interesting to me that it prompted me to set up a whole solo campaign. You can start with episode 1 here. Let's dive right in!

They stopped at the farthest table from the entrance, right beside the hearth. The extra heat made the stink almost unbearable, but Sam made it a point to not show it; White clearly didn't.
Captain Ramirez put up her friendliest face, one Sam didn't even suspect she had. Pedro, my good friend! I am here to proudly report my success.
The man she addressed was a middle-aged guy whose impeccably combed gray hair was in stark contrast with the bloody bandages crossing his chest. He was flanked by a pair of younger folks, a man and a woman, who might've been his bodyguards...for sure they were guarding him very closely.
His face lit up when he turned to Ramirez. Miranda! I was sure the only one who could do it was you, no doubt in my mind. Shall we go somewhere private to discuss our matters?
The Captain's eye quickly darted to the people beside Pedro. No, here it's fine...unless I'm interrupting an important discussion.
Pedro nodded with a smirk, then grabbed a few coins from his pocket and handed them to the man on his right. Silas, Esther, why don't you go get me a few pastries from the cute little shop we visited last week? And something for yourselves, obviously. Oh, maybe these two gentlemen accompanying Miranda might be interested in coming with you?
-No, they're not
, Ramirez replied dryly while sitting in front of Pedro, her face still the epitome of friendliness. We're still recovering from our last adventure, so we'll head back to our ship as soon as we're done here.
-I see...very well, I'll see you in a bit then.
As soon as the two were out of earshot the Captain leaned closer to Pedro, her smile but a memory and her voice a raging whisper. Cards on the table, Pedro: did you know there was a trap protecting the chest?
Pedro's eyes grew wide. No, I didn't, otherwise I would've warned you...although I guess I shouldn't be surprised, knowing Hector. What was it?
Ramirez's eyes narrowed, trying to establish whether he was lying. Sam thought he looked sincere.
-A horde of skeletons, she said, rose from the ground shortly after we started digging.
Pedro sighed very emphatically. Hector always had a penchant for the melodramatic. I'm sorry, I should've expected something like that. I hope you didn't lose any member of your crew.
The Captain chuckled and pat Sam's arm. Luckily no. Actually, we found this guy on that island! It's thanks to you he's alive today.
Sam felt quite uncomfortable as Pedro studied him; he never thought of it like that.

This is it for this episode, I hope you enjoyed it! I'll continue in the near future. 
See you next Sunday for my next post!

May your dice never betray you,
Kirhon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's create a Fabula Ultima character!

Let's create a forest with Cairn 2e - part 1

The Fellow Manifesto