A playlist for the end of the world

This post is the first step into making my blog more focused on my solo TTRPG sessions, which I've been enjoying quite a lot lately (whenever I've found the time for it). First up, this is my playthrough of A playlist for the end of the world by Ludipe, a solo journaling game where you use a deck of cards and a few songs you like to picture what you'd do if the world was ending in about 42 minutes and you found yourself at an empty radio station, not knowing whether anyone will even listen to you. Enjoy!

 
Check, check.
Oh, I always wanted to do this. And now that I can...I have no idea whether anyone's listening. My usual luck.
Well, I'm here now, in this empty radio station, and the world's about to end, so...might as well get to the end while listening to some good music; and since no one's here to contradict me, whatever I play is a masterpiece that deserves to be in this spot.
Let's see...oh, I can just open Youtube and play from there, so we can really listen to anything we want. We? I? Whatever.
For my first song I think I'll go with something from my childhood, something in my native language, from the band any Italian from my generation knows by heart: 883. I still remember the lyrics of most of their songs word for word, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. As for the song, one immediately comes to mind, considering where, or rather when, we are: Come deve andare, as it has to go. Fitting. Enjoy:
 

 And we're back!
...are we, though? Or am I just shouting into the void, vainly hoping someone cares for what I have to say enough to listen to my rambling now, just before the end? I don't know, and frankly, I don't care either! I've spent my whole life worrying about such things and at least in these final moments I want to be free from such worries!
I'll tell you what, let's put another song now, one from a criminally underrated band that would've deserved more recognition: Seven Spires. Let the screams of Adrienne Cowan, the band's singer, resonate and help you throw out all the stress and rage you've accumulated over the years! Let your demons out, let your spirit free! This is Cabaret of Dreams:
 

 I hope you enjoyed it, it's one of my favorite songs.
While listening to it I was wondering whether I should use this chance to say something meaningful, something important...but I've never done a "big speech" throughout my whole life, so I'll just say this: if you have the chance, spend these last moments with the people you love, those that have always been there for you and love you for what you are, no matter what. And in that spirit, I think I know the next song I want to play: it's a cover of Everytime we touch made by Electric Callboy, the song that made me love this band the first time I saw them live at a festival a few years ago. It was also the first time I went to a concert with my then girlfriend and now wife, so it holds a special place in my heart. Here it is:
 

Welcome back! At this point the end is approaching quite fast, so I might as well continue. If anyone's listening, I'm going to keep you company until the last few moments.
Speaking of keeping company, my brain went back to another Italian band (although they sing in English), one I discovered quite early on their journey and I had the pleasure to see them grow to bigger and bigger audiences: Skeletoon. I once had the immense pleasure of spending an afternoon backstage with them before a concert for the release of their third album; they invited me to stay with them when they heard I had no plans for that afternoon! To think that just a few months before I saw them at a concert where you could count the audience on one hand!
This song of them is special to me because during another concert (yes, I saw them many many times) the singer handed me the microphone during the chorus!...though he probably regretted it, later. Hey, I'm no singer and it was very sudden! Anyway, here's Mooncry:
 

Once again, welcome back.
There isn't much time left, so I'll only yap a little bit more before leaving you with what will likely be the last song; for this one I've chosen something from a band that has meant a lot for me for many years, Sonata Arctica.
I've been obsessed with them for years, saw them live multiple times, even considered tattooing their logo on my skin as my first tattoo...then it kind of faded. I still listened to them, but not as much, and only the old albums. I'm not sure why.
That changed a couple of months ago, when I finally had the chance of seeing them live again at a festival, and it was a powerful moment: I'll admit a tear fell down my cheek when they started the first song of their setlist. So I have to close with them. And what better song than As if the world wasn't ending? I'm not sure whether we'll even get to the end of it, but whatever happens: thank you all for listening. See you on the other side.

This is all for this week, see you next Sunday for my next post!

May your dice never betray you,
Kirhon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's create a Fabula Ultima character!

Let's create a forest with Cairn 2e - part 1

Let's create a forest with Cairn 2e - part 2